Continuing what is to be a regular feature on The Site That Should Not Be, here is my interview with reader Justin Beinvenue. If you are a reader who is interested in an interview, visit the Contact Me page and shoot me an email.
Writers, listen up! Here we find out what the readers really think. (Justin happens to be an author as well, but today he is putting on his reader hat).
1. Why don’t you introduce yourself? Where do you live? What do you do for a living?
My name Is Justin Bienvenue, I’m currently 24 years old. I live in the New England area in the state of Massachusetts. Right now I am currently working at home as an author for a living.
2. What’s the first book you remember reading?
My memory is good at times but that’s something I cannot remember lol.
3. What is your favorite book/author?
“Pronto” by Elmore Leonard and I don’t really have a favorite author.
4. What’s the biggest influence on what you read? Word of mouth? Cover art? Price?
I’d say word of mouth and price. If someone is explaining their book to me or recommending it I usually listen and if it interests me I definitely look into it. Also price is a factor, you got to know to quality of what your getting and if its a reasonable price I’m all for it.
5. Does advertising have any affect on what you read?
Not really, but it certainly grabs my attention to let me be aware of it.
6. What’s something authors do that gets on your nerves?
Being an author myself I don’t think theirs anything all authors do that gets on my nerves but rather what some individual authors do such as lack of supporting fellow authors.
7. Writers do a lot of spamming on social media sites. Annoying or influential?
I’d say both. I myself do this but I try not to go overboard. You want to try to get the word out but your going to come off as annoying to some people.
8. C.S. Lewis once said, “A children’s story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children’s story in the slightest.” Do you agree with that statement?
Yes, but I think it really all depends on whether you have an imagaination or are still a kid at heart, anyone can enjoy a book childrens or not.
9. If you could be a character in any book, what would it be?
I’d say a vampire in one of Anne Rice’s Vampire series books. I read a few of them and being involved in the story would seem very cool.
10. Have you ever considered writing a book?
I have! It’s called “The Macabre Masterpiece: Poems of Horror and Gore”, it was my first book i’ve ever written.
11. If you were a writer, what kind of book would you like to write?
I am a writer and although I’ve written my first book on poems and horror its not what im all about. I will write about just about anything as long as I know that I and other people will be interested in it.
12. Do you have a blog where people can follow you?
Yes, you can follow on my official website at http://jbienvenue.webs.com/
13. What book are you reading now/next?
Not sure, I am currently waiting on a fellow author to send me his book so I may read that, or I have a couple in my library I need to get to.